Thursday, May 1, 2014

Slow down please?

Babies grow too fast!!

It's the common cliche you will hear all too many times when you are pregnant and it will go in one ear and out the other. The truth of the matter is, all of those people are right! Just yesterday I gave birth I swear!

Nope! That was almost 9 months ago! I'm starting to plan a 1 yr old birthday party already! how is that even possible? My teenie tiny girl is pushing 20 pounds now and has the wonderful inherited thunder thighs. Just yesterday she was wearing newborn clothes and swimming in anything larger. Now she fits comfortably in 12 month clothes!

Seriously stop growing!

I know as statistical averages go, most babies double their birth weight by 5 months and triple it by a year and I just think that's amazing. I mean could you imagine doubling your current weight in 5 months? its Insane!

And it's not even the size that grows so impressively, it's a babies intellect, and motor skills. I mean in a matter of a few months a baby turns into a blob that cries and poops, to something that can walk and talk. Just the other day I had Char in her highchair and she was playing with her bottle. All of a sudden she threw her head back and starting drinking it on her own! WTF! I didn't know she could do that! You mean I won't have to feed her anymore?? You mean she doesn't need me for that anymore?? :( Stop it!

You want to know why babies grow too fast? It's because we are always waiting for the next step and not enjoying the current state. For the fast few months we have been working on crawling and failing at every attempt. In the meantime thoughts of "Omg she's behind" and "Is something wrong with her" rush through my head on a daily basis. Though all babies grow and develop at a different pace you always want yours to be ahead. We are so focused on the future and what she's going to be doing we are not enjoying what she is doing now.So what if she doesn't feel like crawling right now, she can clap and dance. Thats AMAZING!!!

Ugh! I wish I had thought of this when I was focused on her rolling over, or sitting up. As a parent it's natural to want to see your kids blossom into the next stage/chapter of their lives but in the present and all encompassing now we take for granted what is going on. Slow Down. It's as easy as that. That annoying thing your parents always told you when you are grown up can not be taken literally and applied to your current state. Enjoy every moment and phase when they are happening and forget about the future because it will be here wether you dwell on it or not.

We live in a world where fast food is the new slow food and you can order anything you want and have it to your house the next day. Ridiculous! Slow down people! I mean what's the big rush? Can't we just stop and enjoy life for a moment? Can't we just embrace the moment and forget about the future? I mean I'm all about the next step and moving on but living in the moment is what has been lost in this hyper driven world. The future will be here whether you rush it or not so you might as well slow the fuck down in the process.

SO.... Charlotte Khaleesi, You crawl when you want to and you take your time walking because I love everything about you in the now and I don't care about anything else. Time is going by way too fast so why rush it even more with making you do things you just don't want to. Slow down and enjoy every moment with me because soon you will be big and not want your mommy around. I love you more everyday and don't realize how lucky I really am to be your mother. You are perfect and I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment